Servometer bellows are metal spring-like components engineered with the highest precision. These are intended to accommodate movements, both lateral and axial, of hermetically closed seals. This can be mechanical movements or shocks, but also movements caused by large temperature differences. Bellows can also be filled with a liquid or a gas.
Servometer has a wide variety of 16 standard sizes that are quickly available in small quantities. But they also offer customer-specific solutions without tooling costs.
Bellows produced by electroforming have the following characteristics:
- thinnest wall construction down to 0.005mm for optimal sensitivity
- diameters from 0.5 to > 300mm
- up to a length of >450mm unloaded
- 25x more sensitive than hydroformed bellows
- large deflections with minimal forces from 4g
- compressible to 60% of the free length
- infinite life expectancy with 100,000 cycles standard
- leak-tight to eliminate the risk of contamination
- lightweight, low mass
Bellows from Servometer are used as a hermetic seal in high-tech markets such as high voltage applications, the medical and semiconductor industry and demanding applications such as aerospace applications, but also for pressure sensors and valve seals.